There are several training grants available in Singapore. It can be overwhelming to know the complex calculations and work out the actual grant amount for each category. You may qualify for 50%, 70% training grant.
The training grants quantum varies based on Citizenship, Age, and the type of company (SME or MNC). There are several other criteria that you must keep in mind when calculating the grant amount for yourself.
Watch this short video about the different scenarios and the correct way to calculate the Grant Amount.
In this video, Mr. Vinai Prakash, Intellisoft Training’s Founder & Master trainer, guide you on how to find out about the training grants, and how to compute the correct grant amount, based on the eligibility criteria.
ELIGIBILITY FOR WSQ FUNDING from SSG
Participants can join Intellisoft Training courses under the different Subsidies available such as:
Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications Funding (WSQ)
Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications Funding (WSQ Funding) is available for qualifying individuals/companies to attain Industry Certification. These accredited training programs provide your with sophisticated skills & provides the candidates with the opportunity to bring their skills to an Expert Level quickly.
For Individuals (Self Sponsored):
- Singaporeans 40 years old & above: Enjoy 70% WSQ Funding* on our trainings
- Singaporeans 21-39 years old: Enjoy 50% WSQ Funding* on our trainings
- Singapore Permanent Residents: Enjoy 50% WSQ Funding* on our trainings
For SME Company Sponsored:
Companies who sponsor Singaporean or Singapore PR employees for training can qualify for Training Grants. SME Companies must be declared as SME Company on the Enterprise Portal for Jobs and Skills.
- Singaporean/PR 21 years old and above: Company enjoys 70% WSQ Funding* on our trainings.
For MNC Company Sponsored:
- Singaporeans 40 years old & above: Company enjoys 70% WSQ Funding* on our trainings
- Singaporeans 21-39 years old: Company enjoys 50% WSQ Funding* on our trainings
- Singapore Permanent Residents: Company enjoys 50% WSQ Funding* on our trainings
*SSG Terms and Conditions apply
SkillsFuture Credit (for Singaporeans)
Singaporeans 25 years old and above received a credit total of $1000 – $1500 depending on eligibility.
- Singaporeans received the first $500 (no expiry) when they reach 25 years old.
- On October 2020 additional top up of $500 was given expiring on 31 Dec 2025.
- For Singaporeans 40 years old – 60 years old additional top up credit of $500 was given for career transition programs.
Note: For Intellisoft Training courses, only the initial credits can be used to offset the net fees after WSQ Funding*.
*SSG Terms and Conditions apply
Absentee Payroll (For Companies)
Starting 1 January 2022, companies sponsoring employees to the training courses are eligible for $4.50/hr Absentee Payroll inclusive of weekend trainings.
- This is automatically declared on the AP funding eligible courses once Intellisoft has apply for the WSQ Funding on companies behalf.
- Companies can check the status of the Absentee Payroll on the Enterprise Portal for Jobs and Skills.
- AP declaration may be required after Intellisoft has submitted the attendance and assessment records of the employee. A notification from SSG will be received by the employer for the declaration.
SkillsFuture Enterprise Credit (for Eligible Companies)
The SFEC aims to encourage employers to invest in enterprise and workforce transformation. Eligible employers will receive additional support for your transformation efforts, in addition of the existing funding schemes.
Eligible companies can claim up to 90% of out of the pocket expenses for supportable courses when they send their employees for the training. This is claimable for Singaporeans, PRs and Foreigner Employees. To check your availability, visit Enterprise Portal for Jobs and Skills.
At Intellisoft, we offer SFEC Eligible courses such as:
- Adobe Photoshop Certification
- Adobe Dreamweaver – Web Designing Certification
- Basic-Intermediate Excel Certification and Advanced Excel Certification
- Basic PowerPoint Certification and Advanced PowerPoint Certification
- Basic Access Certification and Advanced Access Certification
- Basic Word Certification and Advanced Word Certification
- Core Project Certification
Use Training Grants to Enhance Your Career
With so much training grants you can tap on, Upgrade yourself with the Skillset that can help you improve your productivity and have an edge amongst others.
You can use this criteria to work out the training grant you are eligible for. You may want to confirm this by calling Intellisoft Training’s support team to assist you in your grant application. Our team will also assist you with the steps required to apply for the Skills Future credits for the remaining balance (not covered under the WSQ grant).
For further enquiries about Training Grant , applying Skills Future contact Intellisoft Training at 6296-4663 or email to us.
Visit www.trainingint.com for a list of all our courses.