GIF file type was originally designed for graphics, but it’s now most commonly used for simple animated images on the Web. For example, the image on the right is an animated GIF file.
You will learn some quick techniques on how to make a simple GIF animation using Adobe Photoshop. You can purchase the latest edition of the Adobe Photoshop here.
First you have to prepare each and every image that will be used for the GIF. If you plan on adding text to your image or any effects, you should add them to each image and then merge the layers together.
|Training Schedule for Upcoming Workshop in Singapore|
|22, 29 Jun 2019, 6 Jul 2019|
|24, 25, 26 Jun 2019|
|20, 27 Jul 2019, 3 Aug 2019|
|24, 25, 26 Jul 2019|
Learn to Create an Animated GIF in Photoshop
- First of all, open the Photoshop to create blank document.
- Go to the File menu (short cut key Ctrl+N) then press OK to create a blank document. Enter the width & height for example standard side you can select W-300 px, H-150 px. You can increase or decrease as per the desired image size.
- Go to the File menu > Place, Select the picture & place it on the document, one by one in a sequence.
- New layer will come automatically while placing the image for each new frame.
- Now, At the bottom of the toolbar, select the animated frames.
- Duplicate the selected frame one by one & put the layer image in every frame as desired what sequence you want.
- Under each frame, select how long it should appear for before switching to the next frame.
- At the bottom of the toolbar, select how many times you’d like it to loop. Set the timings like 1 sec, 2 sec 2.5 sec or more..
- Preview your GIF by pressing the play icon down there at bottom tool bar ( > button)
- Go to the File menu then press Save for Web & Device option to save the GIF file.
- Save and Export the GIF.
If you want more useful tips and videos on Adobe Photoshop, just go through other videos Removing Objects with the Lasso Tool, Learn to Use Twirl Effect in Photoshop, How To Use The Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop, How to Restore Old Photos Using Photoshop.
If you want to attend Photoshop Training in Singapore, you can visit the Adobe Photoshop Certification Training and avail Government Grants for Adobe Photoshop in Singapore.
If you have any questions on the videos, or a problem you are facing on Adobe Photoshop, you can email them to us, and we will be glad to answer your queries in our future videos.
Founder & Principal Trainer at Intellisoft Training Pte Ltd.
We are an Authorized Training Organization by the SkillsFuture Singapore (Currently SSG. Formerly WDA).