In this practical training, we teach you the key fundamental skills relating to data analytics concepts, statistical analysis, data preparation, data summarisation and data visualization.
This will help you to better understand your data and make the most of it for your business.
By the end of this Data Analytics Training, you will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts relating to the application of data analytics in business.
- Understand and apply key statistical analysis concepts.
- Import data into a spreadsheet and prepare it for analysis using data cleansing and filtering techniques.
- Summarize data using pivot tables and pivot charts.
- Understand and apply data visualization techniques and tools.
- Create and share reports and dashboards in a data visualization tool.
Course Outline for Data Analytics
Section 1: Key Data Analysis Concepts and Statistical Analysis
- Identify the main types of data analytics: descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive, quantitative, qualitative.
- Outline the business benefits of data analytics: identifies patterns/trends, improves efficiency, supports decision making, presents information effectively.
- Identify the main phases of data analysis: business understanding, data understanding, data preparation, modelling, evaluation, deployment.
- Recognize data protection considerations when analyzing data like: anonymize personal data if possible, comply with applicable data protection regulations.
- Describe measures of central tendency of a data set: mean, median, mode.
- Calculate the central tendency value of a data set using a function: mean, median, mode.
- Describe measures of variation of a data set: quartiles, variance, range.
- Calculate the variation of a data set: quartile, variance, range.
Section 2: Data Preparation
Importing Data, Shaping it & Filtering what you want
- Import data into a spreadsheet application: .csv file, spreadsheet, website table, database table.
- Remove duplicate data.
- Validate that given values belong to a reference data set using the vlookup function.
- Validate that given values belong to a specified range using one or more if functions.
- Extract values from a string using text functions: left, right, len, mid, find.
- Format a data set as a built-in table.
- Insert and use table slicers.
Aggregation With Pivot Tables
- Change the method of aggregation for a value: sum, average, count, minimum, maximum.
- Display multiple aggregation values.
- Display values as: % calculation, difference from specific values, running total, ranked.
Frequency Analysis With Pivots
- Automatically, manually group data and rename groups.
- Ungroup data.
- Use the report filter.
- Insert and use slicers to filter single, multiple pivot tables.
- Insert and filter a timeline.
Using Pivot Charts
- Insert a pivot chart for an existing pivot table.
- Create a pivot chart from fields in a data set.
Concepts and Setup
- Understand the concept of data visualization using reports and dashboards. Outline common visualizations like: charts, key performance indicators (KPIs), maps.
- Recognise common data visualization tools and their functions like: visualise data, publish and share business intelligence.
- Understand good design practice in reports and dashboards like: clean and uncluttered layout, descriptive titles, consistent fonts and colour, use of colour for emphasis and understanding.
- Import a data set from a spreadsheet into a data visualization tool and save the file.
- Create tables in a report.
- Visualise data as a chart: column, bar, line, pie.
- Apply, edit font and background conditional formatting to show: high/low values, above/below average values.
- Apply, edit data bars.
- Apply, edit visual level filters.
Publishing and Sharing
- Publish a report.
- Create a dashboard.
- Share a report, dashboard using a link. Share a report to web.
Register for Data Analytics Training
How to Register: Simply fill this Online Registration Form. The Intellisoft Training Officer will get in touch with you to confirm your seat shortly. You can call at at +65 6296-4663 if you have any questions.