ICDL Data Analytics Foundation: Excel & Power BI Training Course
Learn PowerBI Dashboards Data Analysis Pivot Tables PowerBI Timelines PowerBI Slicers PowerBI Visualizations To Share PowerBI
The Data Analytics Foundation training course provides essential knowledge & skills to analyze data with modern tools. Statistical Analysis, Excel Pivot Tables, Power BI Data Visualization are used to analyze big data from a diverse source set.
A great course for Beginners to learn Data Analysis with the #1 Business Intelligence tools: Microsoft Power BI & Microsoft Excel.
Data Analytics make it easy to understand the past data, forecast future trends, helping you make sense and decide on the Best course of action, with our Step-by-step, Practical, Hands-on training!
PowerBI Bar, Line, Column & Donut Charts
The ICDL Data Analytics With Excel & Power BI training teaches you how to get started into Data Analysis, use Statistical techniques in Excel, create Pivot Table Reports, and Visualize Data with Power BI Dashboards easily.
This course provides essential knowledge and skills relating to data analytics concepts, statistical analysis, data set preparation, data set summarization and data visualization successfully.
You will gain expertise in analyzing production data and chart future course of action confidently with these sophisticated Data Analytics Tools
Our objective is to train you to be able to perform the following Data Analytics Tasks well:
- Understand the key concepts of data analytics in business.
- Understand and apply key statistical analysis concepts.
- Import data into a spreadsheet and prepare it for analysis using data cleansing and filtering techniques.
- Summarize data sets using Pivot tables and Pivot charts.
- Understand and apply Data Visualization Techniques & Tools.
- Create and Share Interactive Reports & Dashboards with the Best Data Visualization Tool – Power BI.
HIGHLY Recommended for People who want to Upgrade themselves & Move to the Next Level.
ICDL Data Analytics Foundation Certification With Excel & Power BI
Type of Data Analytics
- Business Benefits
- Data Analysis Process
- Data Protection Considerations
- Summary Statistics Introduction
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Calculating Central Tendency
- Measures of Variation
- Calculating Variation
IMPORTING DATA SETS
- Importing Data Sets
- Importing from Text Files
- Importing from Spreadsheets
- Importing from Websites
- Importing Data from Database Tables
SHAPING DATA SETS
- Removing Duplicate Data
- Validating Data Using VLOOKUP
- Validating Data Using IF
- Extracting Values Using Text Functions
FILTERING DATA SETS
- Formatting Data Sets as Tables
- Using Table Slicers
PIVOT TABLE DATA AGGREGATION
- Summarising Data Introduction
- Changing Aggregation Methods
- Displaying Multiple Aggregation Values
- Using Built-in Calculations
PIVOT TABLE FREQUENCY ANALYSIS
- Grouping Data, Time and Numeric Data
- Create Custom Groups
- Ungrouping Data
FILTERING PIVOT TABLES
- Using Report Filters
- Using Pivot Table Slicers
- Using Timelines
USING PIVOT CHARTS
- Inserting Pivot Charts from Pivot Tables
- Creating Pivot Charts from Tables
DATA VISUALIZATION TOOLS
- Key Features of Data Visualization Tools
- Data Visualization Tools Setup Visualization Tool Environment
- Importing Data Sets from Spreadsheets
CREATING BASIC DATA VISUALIZATIONS
- Creating Table Visualizations
- Creating Chart Visualizations
- Enhancing Visualizations Using Conditional Formatting
- Enhancing Visualizations
- Using Visual Level Filters
- Creating Visualizations Using Maps
CREATING ADDITIONAL DATA VISUALIZATIONS
- Creating Visualizations to Measure Progress
- Creating Card Visualizations
- Creating Matrix Visualizations
- Adding Interactivity Using Slicers
PUBLISHING AND SHARING
- Creating and preparing to Share Reports
- Publishing and Sharing Reports
- Creating Dashboards
- Sharing Dashboards
- Good Design Practice
- Evaluating Results
Course Duration: 2 Days full days
Course Timings: 8.45 am – 5.45 pm
Target Audience: For beginner in Data Analytics, or even complete newbies to Power BI.
You will learn the initial steps in understanding and analyzing data, use statistical analysis, import large datasets from Excel, Websites or Databases, shape data with formulas & functions, aggregate it with Excel Pivot Tables, create Frequency Distributions and finally create Dashboards to visualize it with amazing charts in Power BI.
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of PC skills, Microsoft Excel, Windows and an open mind, interested to explore and learn new things. Prior knowledge of Power BI is not required.
Certification: Successful trainees will receive the internationally recognized ICDL Certificate upon completion of the course. This certificate is administered by ICDL Singapore.
- Any learner with a basic proficiency in reading, writing, and understanding English, basic knowledge of Excel can pick up the Data Analytics Skills with Power BI
- We look for participants with Secondary education as a per-requisite
- Participants should have completed the Basic PC Skills training, Basic Excel Training and be familiar with Windows operating system.